October 16th, 2021- 812 Wines. 20 Platinum. Here’s 5 of the very best 2021 BC Lt. Governors Winners.
812 Wines. 20 Platinum. Here’s 5 of the very best 2021 BC Lt. Gov Winners.
The press release said..
“A panel of judges from Canada and the US tasted more than 800 wines, and awarded gold, silver, and platinum medals to 90 British Columbian wineries”
I know most of these judges. They cannot be fooled or influenced. They take great pride in getting the winners right.
12 of the 14 judges have been guests on Tasting Room Radio. I pay attention to what they have to say.
On and off the air.
Congratulations to all the wineries and to Tim Pawsey – Winner of the Harry McWatters Award.
There simply wasn’t time to talk to all 20 Platinum winners but we were able to stalk and corner…
Wine of the Year winner David Patterson – GM & Winemaker of Tantalus 2018 Old Vines Riesling (East Kelowna)
Grant Stanley – Winemaker at Spearhead Winery. . (East Kelowna) 3 Platinum Pinot Noirs
Lorin Inglis – GM at ENRICO Winery (Cowichan Valley) 2020 Shining Armour Pinot Gris
Jeff Hundertmark – Head Winemaker Mt Boucherie (West Kelowna) 2020 Original Vine Semillon/2018 Reserve Syrah
Gaurev Maan – Maan Farms Estate Winery – 2020 Raspberry Table Wine (Frazer Valley)
Elan Morris – GM OK Wine Festivals. (Kelowna)
Here is the complete 2021 Platinum List – Congratulations All.
- Arrowleaf Cellars – 2019 Riesling
- Burrowing Owl Estate Winery – 2019 Syrah
- CedarCreek Estate Winery – 2020 Platinum Home Block Rosé
- Chain Reaction Winery – 2019 Tailwind Pinot Gris
- ENRICO WINERY – 2020 Shining Armour Pinot Gris
- Inniskillin Okanagan Estate Winery – 2018 Estate Riesling Icewine
- Kismet Estate Winery – 2018 Cabernet Franc Reserve
- Liquidity Wines – 2020 Rosé
- Maan Farms Estate Winery – 2020 Raspberry Table Wine
- Mission Hill Family Estate – 2019 Terroir Collection Vista’s Edge Cabernet Franc
- Mission Hill Family Estate – 2019 Perpetua
- Mt. Boucherie Estate Winery – 2020 Original Vines Sémillon
- Mt. Boucherie Estate Winery – 2018 Reserve Syrah
- Silhouette Estate Winery – N/V Boyd Classic Cuveé
- Silkscarf Winery – 2017 Syrah-Viognier
- SpearHead Winery – 2019 Pinot Noir Saddle Block
- SpearHead Winery – 2019 Pinot Noir Cuveé
- SpearHead Winery – 2019 Pinot Noir Golden Retreat
- Tantalus Vineyards – 2018 Chardonnay
- Three Sisters Winery – 2019 Rebecca
The full list of medal winners can be found on the Okanagan Wine Festivals Society website.
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON
Walking the Tightrope
Church and State