April 9th, 2022 Leslie d’Andrea: OK Falls pours in Vancouver/The Wine Diva: Budget Bottles under $17
Leslie d’Andrea: OK Falls pour in Vancouver-Wednesday/The Wine Diva: Budget Bottles 2022 (under $17)
It was the first regular Spring Release notice that I’ve seen in a couple of years. Made my heart jump!
“The Heart of Wine Country Okanagan Falls/Skaha Lake Spring Release 2022.
Terminal City Club Wednesday, April 13 6:30-8:30 PM”
So that it doesn’t go unnoticed in a busy week, I’ve invited back to TRR Leslie D’Andrea co-founder of Noble Ridge to go over the final details and a reminder of who’s pouring.
FYI – On the day, I’ll be interviewing principals from all 13 wineries for several feature specials in
April. Considering the past two years of pandemic, this feels like a celebration. Come celebrate!!
Details and tickets at the website above.
Budget Bottles 2022 (under $17) Daenna van Mulligen/The Wine Diva
The Wine Diva doesn’t just specialize in Wine Lists, Daenna creates a master class in wine tasting!
All year long she tastes hundreds of bottles of wine and makes copious notes about each release.
Every wine on every list has tasting notes and inside info on the wine.
She has either visited many of the wineries/regions or knows the owners/winemakers.
Then come to the lists.
Top 50 over $20
Top 100 under $20
Here’s my favorite – Budget Bottles 2022 (under $17.00)
All tested and found to be delivering wines well beyond the pricing.
As always – if you go to www.winediva.ca – you can follow along on your phone or iPad or computer.
We can’t talk about them all but here’s a large list of what Daenna talked about. (We kept her original list numbers included to help you find them)
Your new favorite wine is in here..at just the right price. (Thank you Daenna)
- Longshot Pinot Grigio, California $14.99
- Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards ‘Runabout White’, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
- Jose Maria da Fonseca ‘Periquita’, Portugal $10.99
- Oops ‘Bodacious Blonde’ Chardonnay, Central Valley Chile $15.99
- Monte del Fra Bardolino DOC, Custoza, Verona Italy $16.99
- Oops ‘Voluptuous Beauty’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Central Valley Chile $15.99
- Sumac Ridge Estate Winery ‘Private Reserve’ Cabernet~Merlot, Okanagan Valley BC $14.99
- Harper’s Trail ‘Field Blend White’, British Columbia N/A
- Intrigue Wines ‘I Do’ Sparkling, Okanagan Valley BC $20.00
- El Petit Bonhomme, Jumilla Spain $15.99
- El Petit Bonhomme Blanco, Rueda Spain $15.99
- Mayhem Wines Pinot Gris, Okanagan Valley N/A
- Hester Creek Pinot Blanc, Okanagan Valley BC $16.00
- Scattered Earth Chenin Blanc, Western Cape, South Africa $14.99
- Hester Creek Pinot Gris~Viognier, Okanagan Valley BC $17.00
- Corcelettes Estate Winery ‘Sante’, British Columbia N/A
- Chateau Dereszla Furmint, Tokaji, Hungary $16.99
- Chateau Haut Bascla, Bordeaux, France $15.00
- Parras Wines ‘Ruelas Reserva’, Lisboa, Portugal N/A
- Boutinot Wines ‘Italia’ Sangiovese, Puglia, Italy $15.00
- Conte Priuli Pinot Grigio Blush, Venezia, Italy $15.00
- Villa Wolf Pinot Blanc, Pfalz Germany $16.00
- The Second Act ‘Piquette’, Canada $14.99
- Road 13 Honest John’s Rose, Okanagan Valley BC $18.00
- Intrigue Wines ‘Semper, Sitiens Drought’ Rotberger, Lake Country, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
- Journey’s End ‘Bees Knees’ Chenin Blanc~Viogner, Mount Rozier, Western Cape South Africa $15.00
- The Grinder Pinotage, Western Cape South Africa $13.99
- Spier ‘Signature Collection’ Chenin Blanc, Stellenbosch South Africa $13.99
- Nederburg ‘The Winemasters’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Western Cape South Africa $13.99
- Spier ‘Signature’ Pinotage, Stellenbosch Western Cape, South Africa $16.00
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON:
- Top Drop 2022
- Van Wine Fest
- OK Falls/Skaha Lake Spring Wine Pour
- Top Foodies
- Segment Sponsor Specials
- Locals Only
- Portugal Pour
- Meet the Makers