August 29th, 2020 – HONOURING WINE EVENTS THAT DISAPPEARED THIS YEAR:
HONOURING WINE EVENTS THAT DISAPPEARED THIS YEAR:
We started April by showcasing the wine events that would have happened in early 2020 except for the fact that the Earth was fighting a pandemic.
First was event was –
Locals Only. Vancouver Islands best showcase of distillers, winemakers, brewers and cider makers.
Then Okanagan Falls & Skaha Lake Wine Assn pour in Vancouver. They were shut down. So we went back to 2019 and talked to the very same wineries. When people could shake hands and stand next to one another.
This week its Top Drop Vancouver/Victoria.
Top Drop is simply one of the best small wine festivals anywhere.
They ask of applicants to be sustainable, honour the fruit, don’t mess with the winemaking and be true to the land.
It’s become an astounding collection of “must taste” wineries.
We go back to years 4 and 5 to relive the interviews.
To salute BC Wine Month, we have collected only interviews with BC wineries.
Our guests are:
- Kurtis Kolt – co-organizer and wine educator http://www.kurtiskolt.com/
- DJ Kearney – wine educator and speaker. Judge https://winebc.com/dj-kearney/
- David Patterson – Winemaker and GM Tantalushttps://tantalus.ca/pages/people
- Paul Pender – Winemaker at Tawse. Niagarahttps://www.tawsewinery.ca/our-team/
- Rhys Pender – Master of Wine. Cofounder of Little Farm Wines. Educator. Judge https://littlefarmwinery.ca/?page_id=140
- Christine Coletta – Okanagan Crush Pad . Co-Owner, wine Leader and Influencer https://okanagancrushpad.com/
- Grant Biggs – Kitsch Wines. No longer winemaker but both he & winery worth following. https://www.kitschwines.ca/ https://ca.linkedin.com/in/grant-biggs-6214a6114
- Tyler Knight – Co-Founder of Lightning Rock https://www.lightningrockwinery.com/
- Larry Gerelus – co-founder of Stags Hollow https://www.stagshollowwinery.com/
- Michael Schindler – co-founder A Sunday in August https://www.asundayinaugust.com/
- Dan Wright – Winemaker at Unsworth. https://www.unsworthvineyards.com/
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON:
Cedar Creek – The Pinot Bundle
Tasting with Yalumba on Zoom
Birch Block – Volume 2